There is so much to talk about in SDN that I couldn’t finish any of the dozen or so blog posts that I started in the last three weeks. Instead I created a 15 minute Keynote presentation that had the key points that I wanted to blog about.
Which took 35 minutes. Sorry about that.
In this screencast, I talk about the following:
- 4 types of Enterprise SDN – SD-DC, SD-WAN, SD-LAN and SD-SEC.
- The Horizontal split in Enterprise customers of “high and low tech”
- SDN in the Data Centre (SD-DC) effectively stalled.
- Rumours of bugs and scaling problems in SD-DC platforms
- SD-DC standards and protocols are still duplicated effort for every vendor
- SD-WAN is likely to ramp faster because its a networking project only.
- SD-WAN is about carrier & technology independence
- SD-LAN is SDN for the Campus
- SD-LAN is a thing.
Here is the PDF file of the presentation : The State of SDN in May 2015
I would appreciate any feedback you have on the video/presentation format. Writing blog posts is still the best method but for some content, especially the complex topics, I wonder if using a presentation is a better way ? Your thoughts ?