Once again, I have been evaluating network management solutions and the cries of “single pane of glass” are echoing in my ears as I face down the brutal reality that I’m still using strings, chewing gum, paperclips, Perl, Python, Syslog, Apache, BASH scripts and other crufty technology to make it LOOK LIKE A SINGLE WINDOW.
I’m pretty sure that we will have a single pane of glass in a decade or so though.
PS: Click the image for a larger US Letter sized image suitable for printing.
Other Posts in A Series On The Same Topic
- Poster: How To Make a Single Pane of Glass (22nd January 2015)
- My Review of 2014. Who Cares ? (31st December 2014)
- Poster: Life Dashboard (10th October 2014)
- Poster: Network Visibility Dual State Diagram (14th May 2014)
- Poster: Only Two Problems With IP Routing (5th May 2014)
- Poster: Network Safety Starts With You (21st April 2014)
- Poster: Manager, Engineer, Architect, ITIL Consultant (12th March 2013)
- Poster: Keep Calm, Do Networks Everywhere (21st November 2012)
- Poster: Cloud Price Negotiations (6th April 2012)
- Poster: Cloud Kittens (21st February 2012)
- Poster: The Eight Levels of Vendor Acceptance (30th September 2011)
- Poster - Cisco VPN Client Licensing (13th August 2011)
- Poster: Servers, Tablets. Just Desktops and Printers to Go. (21st January 2011)
- Cisco and their Security Strategy (3rd July 2010)
- Poster - Reassuringly Expensive (3rd July 2010)
- Cisco Borderless Networks Motivational Marketing Poster (24th March 2010)