My work output (ITIL compliant definition : deliverables) is bound by my ‘care factor’. Care Factor a scientific measure of my current motivation level to achieve the deliverable in the current project and is used in the following formula:
work output = care factor x knowledge x operational platform x co-worker talent
There are many sub factors that combine using a secret formula to determine final care factor such as
- technological hotness (working on Infiniband server clustering!!!!)
- repetitive degradation (I’m doing this for ninth time this year)
- PM functional capacity (is the PM ….. nice ? )
- nearness of human remorse (negatively impacting only)
- functional interest (is this technology in my current study program)
- will this earn me a pay rise
- vendor (are they hopeless morons that couldn’t organise a drink in brewery > (
Some people called it motivation, some people call it passion. I call it ‘care’, as in customer ‘care’ or hair care.
care factor is a value in the range between zero and one. Note that care factor can only asymptotically approach zero or one thus ensuring that at least some work us being delivered at any point in time but no more than the maximum capacity of one Etherealmind deliverable.