Thanks to the people who commented, offered suggestions or contacted me privately. I appreciate your input.
Blogging and Blessay Ethics – Be Honest,Be Fair and Be Nice
Responsibility – I take responsibility for I say. What I say are my thoughts, opinions or understanding of a topic or issue. I can be wrong even though I try hard not to be. I will admit to mistakes, correct them promptly and apologise where it is appropriate.
Honesty and Fairness – I try to be fair and honest in gathering and interpreting information. I will reference sources and link where I can and tell the truth as I know it.
Integrity – I will disclose conflicts of interest, affiliations, and personal agendas. I will not enter into favored treatment to advertisers and resist their pressure to influence content. If I choose to make exceptions, I will disclose that.
Representation – I do not represent any company, real or imagined. I am myself. These are my opinions, thoughts and experiences. I try not to misrepresent other people or their actions.
Manners – I don’t say anything online that I wouldn’t say in person.
Privacy – I recognise private people have a greater right to control information about themselves than do public officials and others who seek power, influence or attention.
Ownership and Deletion I assert my own copyright and you may reproduce my writing without permission. I may delete articles for any reason, but usually because they are boring or not relevant.
I disclaim any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, interoperability, or availability of information or material or photographs displayed on this blog.
Information on this site may contain errors or inaccuracies, the blog siteís writer(s) do not make warranty as to the correctness or reliability of this blog siteís content.
By reading these ethics you agree to uphold them yourself and in your dealings. That will help to make the world a better place.
PR Firms / Marketing / Endorsement or Evaluation Requests.
If you are a Marketing or Public Relations business or person and you would like to me to mention / endorse / evaluate a product or service then consider the following:
- If your company or position is profit-making, salary-making, or fee-based, then you should expect to make payment for my attention. In simple terms, you are deriving revenue for promotion (from whomever you represent) so I would also expect to share in that payment, after all, I’m the one doing the work here.
- Come bearing an offer in kind or cash. The relationship should be a win/win, we can work together to find my ‘win’. Feel free to contact me to discuss.
- You might like to think of such a payment as sponsorship for costs incurred in developing a web site, content and an audience and is now presenting this marketing / promotional opportunity to you. Does that feel better ?
- You must also accept that I will disclose such interest and I will apply the ethics outlined above. I reserve the right to express my view as I see fit.
- Social Media does not mean free marketing opportunity for you at my expense. It’s one sided, and you need to share.
I will donate a portion of money received, at my discretion, to a good cause of my choice and advise when this happens.