Collection of useful, relevant or inane places on the the Internets for 9 Mar 10:
- Cisco IOS hints and tricks: New webinar pricing – Ivan is running his seminars again with new pricing.
so I’ve decided to reduce the price for the next webinars to $49.99, including the “Choose the optimal VPN service” on May 11th and the “Market trends in Service Provider networks” on June 2nd.
- Why Ad Blocking is devastating to the sites you love – I would like to spend more time on etherealmind. If I had a choice I would prefer to write for two days a week and work freelance for three. But the ads in this site don't even cover the cost of hosting much less pay for my computer or the software that I use.
If you use an ad blocker, think about whitelisting the sites that you enjoy and love. For now, it's the only way we can cover costs.
- Cisco Router Guides – NSA/CSS – Excellent resource from the American Government on how to secure your network and, specifically, your routers. A great starting point for developing a practical security plan for your network or for conducting an audit.
- Cadazan –
John Berry – CCIE #3160 & Systems Instructor for Global Knowledge UK. Focused on R&S, VOIP, UC, Social Networking, Collaborative Learning and its use in business
Looks like some very good material on IP Telephony and a number of training videos. Especially liked his video on Cisco Networkers 2010.
- Trading bandwidth for infrastructure when moving to the cloud? | Network Administrator | TechRepublic.com – Rick Vanover at Tech Republic questioning the cost of cloud computing when bandwidth is factored in. In a recent design, Cloud Computing was twice the internal cost for a project. Which was handy, since we managed to justify an increase the budget to nearer the Cloud cost. heh.
- 1Password and iPad: Part Deux – Switchers’ Blog – 1Password for the iPad screen mockups and screenshots. The other must have (after OmniGraffle and OmniFocus.