Collection of useful, relevant or inane places on the the Internets for 8 Jul 2011:
- iTerm2_v1_0_0.zip – Google Project Hosting – iTerm2 goes Version 1.0. Been using a beta version and seems solid. You can find the Home Page and make a donation.
- Cisco Security Advisory: Multiple Vulnerabilities in Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client – Cisco Systems – Another vulnerability in the Cisco AnyConnect client – the scuttlebut is that hacking applications such as VPN Clients is easier than Windows these days so expect to more of this attack on applications instead of Operating Systems.
The Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client, previously known as the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client, is affected by the following vulnerabilities:
- Arbitrary Program Execution Vulnerability
- Local Privilege Escalation Vulnerability
Cisco has released free software updates that address these vulnerabilities. There are no workarounds for the vulnerabilities described in this advisory.
- Run a Cisco ACE? Then Do This Command Right Now! « The Data Center Overlords – Tony talks a a common misunderstanding on Cisco ACE
When you make a configuration change on the primary ACE, it DOES get automatically copied automatically to the standby ACE.
When you upload a certificate and key to the primary ACE, it DOES NOT get automatically copied to the standby.
The problem is typically that the configuration on the standby ACE references a key and certificate file that don’t exist on the standby, only the active. The standby ACE looks for the files, can’t find them, then stops accepting configuration updates.
BTW, I think this is a limitation of SSL crypto, not Cisco ACE as other vendors also have this problem.
- Introducing WordPress 3.2 “Gershwin” « WordPress.tv – Video intro to WordPress 3.2 – slick video. Cool new features – have YOU ever thought about blogging ? You should.
- Junosphere and buying shoes « Roving Engineers Blog –
Once again, Juniper’s training division had the right idea (junos as a second language being the other example of a fantastic idea badly implemented), and managed to throw themselves at the ground but miss.. They’ve done all the hard work, and screwed it up at the last minute.Training is never an impulse buy (although lab time can be), but Juniper seem to think they’re selling kids shoes, and that I’m going to put up with their crappy purchasing process because I have to. Looks like it’s back to rolling Olives, or even back to my security CCIE…
Another opinion that Junosphere isn’t for ordinary people. Note that Dan is a big JunOS fan, ad disappointed that Junosphere isn’t usable by ordinary people.
- NX-OS resource limits | Maximum Entropy – Nice find: [sourcecode wraplines=”false” gutter=”false” autolinks=”false”]
NOR-NX7K01# show resource hidden-too
Resource Min Max Used Unused Avail
———– —– —– —— ——– ——-
vlan 16 4094 48 0 4046