Collection of useful, relevant or inane places on the the Internets for 6 Oct 10:
- The .ly domain space to be considered unsafe | :Ben Metcalfe Blog –
because it sets a precedent that all websites running on a .ly domain must comply with Libyan Islamic/Sharia Law in order to maintain their domains. This is especially concerning for anyone running a url shortener or hosting user-generated content on a .ly domain.
Life on the Internets is complicated to be sure.
- Cisco IOS Hints and Tricks: Introduction to 802.1Qaz (Enhanced Transmission Selection – ETS) –
Enhanced Transmission Selection (ETS) is the second part of the Data Center Bridging puzzle (I’ve already described Priority Flow Control). It specifies two different technologies:
Queuing mechanisms in bridges
Data Center Bridging eXchange protocol: a Control/Negotiation protocol that allows bridges and hosts to negotiate QoS parameters in a bridged network.
- together we are the human network. – Cisco's new marketing campaign is "Together we are the Human Network". I just feel kind of dirty. It's so overproduced, mistargeted, and fecking creepy.
- BOFH: Robot wars • The Register – Of course you would be reading this already. But one of the very best in a long time.
- T-Mobile IPv6 Friendly User Trial – T-Mobile Community –
T-Mobile USA is keenly aware of the IPv4 address exhaustion issue and we are working diligently to ensure an orderly transition from IPv4 services to IPv6 services.To that end, we are working with our industry partners, the IETF, and the 3GPP to develop the right standards and the right ecosystem to make the IPv6 Internet a reality.Internally at T-Mobile, our focus is on building the IPv6 infrastructure and service that will make the transition from IPv4 to IPv6 as seamless to our customers as possible.
That's T-Mobile in America, not T-Mobile in any other country.