Collection of useful, relevant or inane places on the the Internets for 23rd Oct:
- Yellow Dots of Mystery: Is Your Printer Spying on You? – Your printer IS spying on you – microdots identify your printer. EFF publicises secret feature about your laser printer and how every page is “signed” by the printer.
- iTerm: Download – New Version of iTerm for Mac OS X is available. Make sure you select the “Recent binary build from CVS (0.9.6.1021, English only)”.
- The Ferret’s Corner: Training – The Ferret has some good comments on Rack Rentals from IPExpert and Internetwork Expert. If you are considering which vendor, this is worth reading. Note also www.ccie4u.com, www.ccie2b.com are offering online rack rentals.
- Is the New MacBook Expensive?†|†Technologizer – Harry McCracken concludes the new MacBooks, WHEN compared to Windows machines with the SAME SPECIFICATIONS, is about the same in cost.This is my experience. While my MacBook Pro cost a lot of cash, it was cheaper than an equivalent Dell, IBM, HP notebook. My view – Apple is offering premium product, with premium support and at premium price. I am good with that.
Corollary : Want a cheap product, with cheap support ? Buy a lower specification Dell / HP / IBM with Windows.
- SourceForge.net: Files – Point version release of Wireshark. There are no big fixes in this, but upgrade buffs may want to download it.