Collection of useful, relevant or inane places on the the Internets for 20 Sep 10:
- Virtual WAAS: Enabling Application Migration to the Cloud – Data Center Networks – Cisco WAAS now in virtual appliance for VMWare. Probably still doesn’t work properly when compared to Riverbed or Bluecoat. If it did work well, the competitors wouldn’t be in business.
- Avaya Announces Real-Time Collaboration Solutions – An Android tablet for USD$2000 ? Yeah, they be lining up for it. Want to bet that Cisco Cius tablet thing costs about the same money ?
- [email protected] –
speedlimit is a Leopard preference pane for limiting your network bandwidth to one of a couple different speedsó768k DSL, Edge, 3G, and Dialup. This is really handy for testing your iPhone app under normal Edge network conditions in the iPhone Simulator. The new version allows you to restrict the slowdown to only a specific set of hosts.
Yet to be tested. Blog post in progress.
- Reflections on Juniper Training ´ Network Janitor –
In the old tradition of “free training for channel partners”, I signed up for “Junos Routing Essentials (JRE)” and “Junos for Security Platforms”. There was an “Introduction to Junos Software” course on the Monday that I sent one of my engineers along to, but I didnt attend personally. I have included below my review of the two courses.
- draft-denog-v6ops-addresspartnaming-01 – Naming IPv6 address parts –
In the daily communication between technicians, engineers and other people who need to deal with computer networks, it is often necessary to refer to particular parts of IP addresses. In the world of IPv4, the term “octet” is well established, however as the use of IPv6 is spreading, it becomes apparent that there is no such commonly accepted term for IPv6 addresses.
Well done. Althought chawazza was meant to be humourous, we need to define the correct term for daily use the same way we use octet for IPv4. My suggestion is a chunk.
- Twitter / Ethan Banks: Network people don’t “cros … – Network people don’t cross over to the dark side…..