Collection of useful, relevant or inane places on the the Internets for 1st Nov 09:
- Welcome to the CCIE Study Wiki! – CCIE Study Wiki –
- Why FCoE is Not the Solution « Xsigo Virtual I/O Blog –
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Architecture White Paper [Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches] – Cisco Systems –
- Syslog Summary Scripts – Collection of Perl scripts from Netscraftsmen.net that will summarise syslogs into useful information for a daily check of how your network is doing. This is really useful at a practical level. ?
Messages sorted by frequency and source device:
8 d04-3550-03 d04-3550-03 LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN FastEthernet0/13
4 d19-3400-01 d19-3400-01 LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN FastEthernet0/19
2 d02-2811-01 d02-2811-01 SNMP-3-AUTHFAIL
2 d03-2811-01 d03-2811-01 SNMP-3-AUTHFAIL
2 d45-3560-01 d45-3560-01 LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN GigabitEthernet0/17
2 d19-3400-01 d19-3400-01 LINK-3-UPDOWN FastEthernet0/19
2 d48-7604-01 d48-7604-01 OSPF-5-ADJCHG
2 d64-3550-05 d64-3550-05 LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN FastEthernet0/2
- Shark Mauls Great White: Fears In Australia After Shark Bitten Off Stradbroke Island, Near Brisbane | World News | Sky News – <blockquote>A stunning picture shows a 10ft predator thrashing about with two massive chunks missing on either side of its body, off the Queensland coast.
Experts said its rival may be 20ft (about six metres) long, judging by the size of the huge bites.</blockquote>??I used to swim on this beach a lot as a younger man. While this is a bit unusual, the sharks were well known, and we saw them all the time. You get used to it.
- Microsoft’s results: online, it’s losing more money than before | Technology | guardian.co.uk – <blockquote>?But what about the Online Services division? Different story. $490m revenue – which is down from $520m in the same period last year – and losses of $480m, an increase against last year's $381m loss.
In other words, for every $1 that Microsoft's online services division brought in, it spent $2.?</blockquote>??Your licensing dollars are being well spent by Microsoft. ??When I sit across the table from Microsoft representatives and they pitch their new products, you can see, that no one really believes a word they say. Does Microsoft have any credibility at all ? Momentum, yes, credibility, not really.
Outstanding piece of work from Paul Gu. An amazing wiki full of his CCIE study notes and resources. A must read for all current and future CCIE R&S people.
A good piece of Xsigo on why FCoE isn’t the ballgown that is going to take us to the dance. ??It’s a nice accessory, maybe a bangle or even a necklace but it isn’t the most important thing that we need to make a success of the upcoming Data Centre evolution.
White paper covering a lot of useful information on the much loved but very old C6500 platform. If you own C6500’s you should know this already. If you don’t, it’s time to learn something, it’s a lot more complicated than you think.