Collection of useful, relevant or inane places on the the Internets for 12 Jan 10:
- IP Logic – Chris van den Brink, CCIE #21047 has some excellent study material on his blog. I have been reading it for revision and reinforcement.Good work Chris, please keep going.
- New Features in Cisco IOS Release 15.0(1)M [Cisco IOS Software Releases … – IOS 15.0.1(M) is released and documentation for the new features is here.
- Internetworking Technology Handbook – DocWiki – The most important study tool for my CCIE (R&S) has been moved to a docwiki. Still one of the best places to start learning about any Networking Technology because the technology introductions have always been well written. I often use the material in internal documentation for operational manual’s and guides to explain the ideas about a technology or solution.
- Cisco Cyberspace Action for Education – Cisco has a web page for Internet Safety and Security for children and tips on how parents can keep children safe from online risks.
- Itís 2am: Do You Know What Algorithm Your Load Balancer is Using? – Lori MacVittie posts a really good article about load balancing and the choice of load balancing algorithm. Her point about testing is well made but how do you generate enough load to make your testing produce viable results under load ? You need a specialist testing setup from Breaking Point or Spirent to generate that sort of load to make the testing work. ??And they don’t come cheap.