Collection of useful, relevant or inane places on the the Internets for 12 Feb 10:
- Note to Cisco: Pick Your Security Battle | NetworkWorld.com Community – I agree with John Otsik on this. The current Cisco security portfolio isn't really working. And since CS-MARS no longer support third party products, they no longer have a story of covering all the security needs of a company.
I'm tending towards Juniper NetScreen firewalls rather than Cisco ASA because the ASA technology is so far behind. The ASA is OK as a VPN concentrator, and OK as a firewall but it's not the best option in most cases.
I'n still thinking that Cisco's lack of focus on the Enterprise market is to blame here. While they fiddle with cameras, video and retail products it seems that Rome is burning.
- Diary of a Network Engineer…: Creating a Loopback Adapter on Windows 7 – I'd forgotten about using Loopback adapters in Microsoft Windows. Useful for many things and not just for Dynamips.
- Jocko Homo: How Gay is the Super Bowl? – Mark Dery – Doom Patrol: Annals of Our Age – True/Slant –
One – I didn't even know the American Football was on
Two – Yeah, the jocks/meatheads have a lot to answer for. I make it a rule to make fun of beefcakes wherever possible. They ended up in carpentry or labouring, I ended up in computers. I won.
- CASLab – JellyfiSSH – Mac SSH GUI – Alternate Terminal program for MAC OSX. Although I still prefer iTerm, I will take a closer look at this see if there is anything here.
- Slashdot Book Reviews Story | Cacti 0.8 Network Monitoring –
Book on installing and using Cacti, the single most ubiquitous network monitoring tool in the world. If you don't have a network monitoring system and you something to start, Cacti is the business. Book makes it even easier.
Cacti is probably Core Work Skill, you'll need it sometime in your career.