Collection of useful, relevant or inane places on the the Internets for 10 May 11:
- NEC ProgrammableFlow First to Market with OpenFlow-Enabled Network Architecture for Virtualized Datacenter and Cloud Networks – NEC appears to be all in for OpenFlow. Already has a controller and now releasing hardware platforms.
NEC Corporation of America (NEC) today released a radically simplified architecture for data center and cloud networks with the introduction of the ProgrammableFlow™ Network Architecture and Product Family at Interop 2011 in Las Vegas. ProgrammableFlow will allow NEC customers to streamline the management of datacenter networks through greater levels of automation while driving down operational costs and time to deliver business services
- Brocade Communities : Corporate: Being Open about Virtualization and Cloud Interoperability –
Brocade appears to be attempting to reposition themselves as "Open" by embracing OpenFlow. This made my jaw drop:
Brocade embraces a philosophy of using open industry standards to facilitate competition, increase the pace of innovation and improve cost efficiency for customers. This is why we are actively participating in the development of both the OpenFlow and OpenStack initiatives.
Worth remembering the Brocade's "TRILL" isn't standards compliant because they use FSPF as the internal routing protocol. If Brocade has found the open standards religiion I'll need a lot mroe convincing.
- Alcatel-Lucent debuts monster data center switch fabric architecture – Shamus mcGillicuddy gives a cracking rundown on the Avaya/Nortel Data Centre Fabric strategy.
- Official Home of the Monkeytail Beard – Weirdly, I think this style of beard has some interesting outcomes. Be interesting to see if non-symmetrical facial upholstery could be accepted given the human propensity to see symmetry and smoth lines as "beauty". via: Boing Boing
- Awfully Photoshopped Russian Wedding Pictures | SadAndUseless.com – Humour: Awfully Photoshopped Russian Wedding Pictures – what you could achieve with Photoshop but you really really shouldn't.
- CCIE in 3 months – Is it possible?: VTY IPv6 ACLs in IOS-XR –
Ok, then you think that this is good because it saves you typing.
So you expect to meet the same behavior when viewing the ACLs. Bad Luck. You still have to use the "ipv6" keyword in order to view the ipv6 ACL.
Tassos points out a good tip about IPv6 ACLs on the VTY.