Enterprise IT is willing to pay high prices and deliver large profit margins to suppliers. Stop whining about the price.
Lets consider the evidence:
- How often do you choose the cheaper solution ?
- When do you buy just enough technology instead of buying over specification (just in case).
- You always buy support/maintenance even though you won’t need it.
- You expect a product to last five or ten years when everything gets replaced in three years.
- People say: “You get what you pay for” (you usually don’t)
- We can’t risk the downtime.
In technology, there are no penalties for spending up big in the name of downtime. You sit on your cheap chair, look at your cheap desk in a rented building, check your payslip (you get paid the least amount possible) and get ready to buy the most expensive technology because its the “right thing to do”.
Tonight, as you drive home in your well-priced car, think to yourself “Do I really need buy the most expensive IT products on the market?”
At least, stop pretending that you are getting a “good deal” or the “best price” and then complaining that technology is expensive. Thats all on you for not buying the cheaper option every now and then.