Another sign that it’s time to stop buying service modules for Catalyst 6500. This is not the time for dedicated hardware appliances such as ACE or ASA Service Modules.
Mulitcontext support for routing and VPN is not available on C6500 ASA Service Module.
Enhances the current ASA Multicontext capability to include support for Site-to-site VPN and Dynamic Routing Protocols. Also adds support for mixed routed and transparent mode multi-context configuration.
• Enables each firewall context to maintain its own routing table for static and dynamic routes
• Allows customers to mix and match routing protocols on a per-context basis.
• Supports IKEv1 and IKEv2.
• Maintains single mode site-to-site VPN features in multiple modes.
• Allows flexible VPN resource allocations in system context
All ASA 5500 and 5500-X appliances (with the exception of the ASA 5505) and the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series ASA Services Module
Update: my mistake – misreading. It does work on the ASA-SM. I STILL wouldn’t buy one.