Check this out. An entire webinar devoted to licensing of just a single product from Cisco. Obviously, Cisco licensing of UCM is now so complicated and involved that there “Subject Matter Experts” dedicated to handling your queries about licensing upgrades. Not the product itself mind you, or the great new features, or planning your migration process.
Surely, when it gets to this, Cisco should realise that bureaucracy is getting out of control and that something is seriously broken inside the product management programs.
PS: This is a primary reason why I don’t work or recommend on Cisco IP Telephony – life is too short to waste weeks in meetings over licensing.
During the live event, Cisco subject matter expert Amit Singh will focus on the licensing architecture of Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) Version 9.x. The session will also include:
- Evolution of unified communications licensing up to 9.x
- How to calculate 9.x license requirement for a pre-9.x system and prepare for the license migration to 9.x
- Different kinds of licenses and what suits specific business requirements
- Detailed information about Enterprise License Manager and how to integrate with unified communications products
- Manual versus electronic license fulfillment
- Troubleshooting and live demo