We set out to change WiFi forever. Our uncompromising vision: a wireless router that secures your digital life, while delivering the highest level of performance. The result is Norton Core. Core uses advanced machine learning and Symantec’s global intelligence network to defend your home WiFi—and every device connected to it—against malware, viruses, hackers and much more.
Powerful, secure WiFi is now a thing.
- We know that Norton produces sub-standard, low quality, deeply insecure anti-virus & malware desktop software. How good do you think this is ?
- Want to bet that no one cares and the branding plus a lot of marketing dollars will make it successful
- Attempting to be a full security suite in a single box. Oh, and WiFi.
- Enterprise-grade security features can now be offered to retail customers – (Enterprise comes last)
- Uses cloud for intelligence and threat analysis to power the security engine. Reuse of existing technology means its cheap and profitable.
- MIMO is hard, beam forming is really hard. I’m doubtful that Norton could get this right the first time (or at all).
- Lots of effort has been spent to make it look nice. Which is nice.
- Its probably better than nothing (which is what you really have today) so maybe its not a bad idea.
- Subscription services are going to eat away at your household budgeting.