Because I want to see how my iPad home screen changes over time.
Main Bar Apps
- Good Reader – PDFs of Cisco Press and O’Reilly textbooks. Syncs using Dropbox and iTunes
- OmniFocus – best available, still not happy with it.
- Reeder – best RSS reader for the iPad. Period.
- Mental Case – syncs with MAC desktop for flash cards and “anytime revision”
- 1Password – synced over Dropbox. External memory unit for logins.
- Instapaper – for reading everything later. How did I live without it.
- OmniGraffle – not yet mastered, but I will one day
- Elements – pure text editing, use external keyboard, stupendously fast thought capture.
- iBooks – for epub books from various places.
- Pomodoro – concentration timer – for bad hair days. You’ll know why if you use it.
- iThoughts HD – mind mapping for design outlines, exports in JPG and OPML format.
- CarbonFin Outliner – new app, still finding my way.
- Osfoora – twitter client, only just a bit better than the Twitter version. I paid for it so I’ll use it. Would use Twitter otherwise.
- Ambiance – for calming sounds to listen when working in the office. Instead of grinding teeth. Or throwing things.