I was having difficulty to save configuration after few labs I did with Dynamips. Saving config and reload the dynamips doesn’t work and I previously I have to copy and paste all the latest config I’ve had.
There is actually a trick to save config in Dynamips to text files (.cfg) and after starting the devices, you can import it back and run a command in your cisco device to load it.
Here is the sequence.
1. Once you’re done with your lab, copy the config usingwr
orcopy run start
to copy it tonvram:startup-config
2. Then on your Dynagen console, you can save your config to a directoryexport /all 'directory_name'
on your Dynagen console.
3. Next time you reload your dynamips, what you need to do isimport /all 'directory_name
4. Then on your Cisco devices run command configuration replacenvram:startup-config force
5. Wait and you’re all set.”
I have made a copy for myself here so that I can find it in the future. Please check out David’s website.