Cisco Data Centre Virtual Symposium
There is so much to talk about in Networking today. I can’t remember a time in the last decade where so much is changing, and so many new technologies. I’m finding it harder and harder to keep up – there is a lot of topics to discuss, technology to learn and ideas to understand. Vendors produce white papers, product information and seminars while bloggers produce articles, forums and podcasts but sometimes a little more could help.
To find new ways of having these discussions, Tech Field Day has been bringing independent bloggers to vendor locations to talk tech in different formats such as the Network Field Day and Symposiums. Now, we want to extend the discussions to use video and audio to have even more exchange of views, opinions and knowledge and to get deeper into the technology discussions on specific topics.
Enter, our very first event Cisco Data Centre Virtual Symposia.
The idea is to focus discussion on a narrow topics, go deep, get nerdy. We’ll get some of best people to get around the virtual conference table and:
- Focus the discussion on a single topic and expect to be technical
- Panel discussion with industry experts (or at least folks that believe themselves to be experts)
- Focus on helping attendees understand the “how” and “why” of different technologies as opposed to advocating a particular perspective
- Interactive, open to audience interaction–the goal is to get your questions answered
Our first symposium, next Tuesday, is going to cover storage convergence. We are going to spend approximately the first half of the symposium discussing the storage networking technology and consider FC, FCoE, and iSCSI and how they fit into the modern marketplace.
As I noted above, the goal is to not push a particular technology agenda, but to educate you, and let you make your own decisions. The balance of the session is open for Q&A–we will cover some of the common questions that we see all the time, but we expect you, the audience, to drive a lot of the discussion. We expect to have technical discussions
Here are few of the starter questions:
- What to think about in storage when you virtualise ?
- Where do you go after 4G FC (8G FC or 10GbE FCoE) ?
- Can we really mix storage and data on the same network ?
- Storage outside the data center – DCI, cloud, mobility ?
So, mark your calendar and join us–if you are familiar with this crew, you know it will be both educational and entertaining.
The first session will be delivered via WebEx on Tuesday, March 27 from 9am-12pm Pacific Time / 5pm-8pm UTC. The link to participate is https://events-cisco.webex.com/events-cisco/onstage/g.php?t=a&d=209024880 and the password is “cisco”. There is no pre-registration necessary.
We planning to have more Symposia in the near future and we are looking other hefty topics like VM networking/Mobility , Data Center Interconnect and much more. I look forward to seeing you there.