Short version – I’d like you to read just these if nothing else.
- A data centre uses a lot of electricity. It’s dangerous.
- Just in case you didn’t pay attention – Electricity is really dangerous. Right, can we move on ?
- You should be scared of being electrocuted. That will keep you safe.
- When electrocution happens, the muscles in your limbs contract. This causes arms and hands to wrap around or clench objects.
- Someone who is being electrocuted can’t let go because of this
- If you touch a person being electrocuted, you will get an electric shock too, and may also be injured.
- The BEST thing to do is to turn the power off.
- Know where the power kill switch is for Data Centre. Or at least the breaker for the area that you are in.
- Don’t work in the Data Centre alone.
- Learn resuscitation. People who have been electrocuted are likely to have breathing problems and heart failure.
People shouldn’t die at work. Think seriously about going home everyday and what you can do to make that happen.