When installing Fibre Optic cable care must be taken to ensure that cable is not bent beyond a certain radius. Most people believe this is to prevent breaking of the fibre core but there is a worse scenario.
Containers virtualize at the operating system level, Hypervisors virtualize at the hardware level. Hypervisors abstract the operating system from hardware, containers abstract the application from the operation system. Hypervisors consumes storage space for each instance. Containers use a single storage space plus smaller deltas for each layer and thus are much more efficient. Containers can boot and be […]
If you like using Courier font in your terminal window then you should downloading and using this font: But there’s no reason Courier has to look terrible. We set out to make the best damn Courier ever. We call it Courier Prime. via Courier Prime – A Courier made for screenplays. | Quote-Unquote Apps. And […]
TL:DR look like the first version of vSphere that has least amount of compromises for large corporates. In other words, it’s more usable than before. Importantly, VMware has delivered a lot of networking features in this release and it would be fair to say that they either “overdue” or “much anticipated”. Take your choice.
In the Cisco UCS servers, there are three classes or categories of Network Adapters for B-series and C-Server servers. I write this down because it’s pretty hard to find this summary anywhere is Cisco’s documentation and I keep having to tell people the difference. Now I can point them at this blog post.
Short version – I’d like you to read just these if nothing else.
- A data centre uses a lot of electricity. It’s dangerous.
- Just in case you didn’t pay attention – Electricity is really dangerous. Right, can we move on ?
- You should be scared of being electrocuted. That will keep you safe.
- When electrocution happens, the muscles in your limbs contract. This causes arms and hands to wrap around or clench objects.
- Someone who is being electrocuted can’t let go because of this
- If you touch a person being electrocuted, you will get an electric shock too, and may also be injured.
- The BEST thing to do is to turn the power off.
- Know where the power kill switch is for Data Centre. Or at least the breaker for the area that you are in.
- Don’t work in the Data Centre alone.
- Learn resuscitation. People who have been electrocuted are likely to have breathing problems and heart failure.
People shouldn’t die at work. Think seriously about going home everyday and what you can do to make that happen.
Quick tip on the best IP addresses on the Internet when you need to test your Internet connection from the command line