Collection of useful, relevant or inane places on the the Internets for 7 Jul 10:
- InfiniBand to outpace Ethernet’s unstoppable force ï The Register – Infiniband continues to outpace Ethernet for performance.
- China ACL Filter List For Foundry [SOSDG Wiki] – ACL for blocking traffic from China due the level of problems coming from their ranges. Chinese government needs to do something, I’m having problems as well.
- Internet Society Publications – The ISP Column -
The traffic in 22.214.171.124/8 is not evenly distributed. The majority of the traffic is directed at the single address 126.96.36.199, and the covering /24, 188.8.131.52/24, receives some 90 ñ 100Mbps of traffic as a continuous load, with isolated peaks of 1 second intervals in excess of 800Mbps.
Good paper on the traffic generated now that 1/8 is allocated. Interesting data.
- Window Display ´ AwkwardFamilyPhotos.com 06/3/2010 – Look carefully. Yes, at the baby. Yes, that’s duct tape. ??Duct tape fixes everything.
- Sun Network 10GbE Switch 72p | Top of Rack Switch | Oracle -
72 port 10GbE Top of Rack switch in 1RU
Flexible port configurations with up to 72 10GbE ports or up to 16 40GbE ports. Wire rate, low latency, cut through switching on all 72 ports.
That’s a VERY big switch.
- Cisco LISP – The Locator/ID Separation Protocol – Overview from Cisco on Locator / ID Separation Protocol for the Internet.