Collection of useful, relevant or inane places on the the Internets for 18 Jan 10:
- Internetworking Technology Handbook – DocWiki –
The most important study tool when I did my CCIE is now downgraded to a wiki.
Lots of great information in here and some really outstanding material to use when writing internal designs. I often use the technology summaries when presenting to Technical Managers or Engineers who need a brief introduction. Also, good information on lost technologies such as DLSW and AppleTalk if you should ever need it.
- New Features in Cisco IOS Release 15.0(1)M [Cisco IOS Software Releases … – IOS 15.0.1(M) is released and documentation for the new features is here.
- UCS and VCE vBlock Type 1 Challenge Top VMmark – Cisco/VMware/EMC UCS install performs as well as anyone else in VMmark benchmark.
Last November we reported on the Fujitsu RX300 S5 rack server taking the top VMmark spot for 8-core systems. Yesterday (January 11, 2010) Cisco’s UCS B200-M1 using VMware ESX 4.0 (build 164009) came within 0.5% of the top spot with a score of 25.06@17 tiles. While falling only slightly short of the mark set by the brute force RX300/DX80 combo, the UCS system did so with a very different solution, unsurprisingly similar to the vBlock Type 1 architecture described by Chad Sakacc in his blog post about the VMware, Cisco and EMC alliance.
- Cisco Nexus 5000 Series NX-OS Fibre Channel over Ethernet Configuration … –
Fill yer boots if you are an FCoE lover
- SSL VPNs on Cisco ASA are IE8 unfriendly | NetworkWorld.com Community –
No many how wooden stakes you drive into the heart of Internet Explorer, it just refuses to die. Lazy Windows Admins just stick with the default so they don't have to package Firefox on the desktop. This might drive a few more companies to Firefox though, and that is a good thing.
- Installing ACS 4.2.1 on Windows Server 2008 – This is why you need to read the release notes before installing anything
CSCta89022: Win2008 on 64-bit machine, problem in stopping and starting services occasionally.
Symptom: In Win2008 64-bit machine, sometimes there is a problem in stopping or starting the ACS services. For example, attempting to stop CSAdmin will take longer time to stop or it will not stop at all.
Conditions: The symptom occurs during installation of ACS 4.2.1 or in any other flow where stopping of a service is required.
Workaround: When you install ACS 4.2.1 on Win2008 64-bit machine, you must first install ACS 4.2. At the end of ACS 4.2 installation, do not start the ACS services
Huge list of bug fixes, looks like a worthwhile upgrade