As a result of several approaches from companies who are interested in advertising on this blog I have decided to make some inventory available for advertising in addition to the Google Adsense. I have wrestled with the implications of this including bias, disclosure and integrity but have come to conclusion that all of these issues can be addressed.
And frankly, the hosting and software that I use to run the website is starting to cost a fair bit of money as the site grows. I still intend to donate a significant portion (more than half) of any money to charity and will continue to make those donations public.
EtherealMind is a incorporated UK Company
Ethereal Mind is a business. Originally started to share information to the community and thus ‘put something back’ after all the help I have received over the last fifteen year it has now grown to become a more ‘serious’ commitment in time and resources. I have incorporated a Limited company in the UK to handle the business transactions.
Most of my income comes from freelance consulting or writing and not from managing websites or advertising, therefore my business approach reflects the need for simplicity.
- Ads are served from a third party platform that provides hosting and statistics (currently a Google system)
- Ad Spots are sold in units of 50000 impressions for a fixed fee. Fee varies so contact me for the latest pricing and availability.
- Payment – you must pay in advance from my invoice. Cheques, PayPal and International Transfer to a Company Incorporated in the UK.
- Guarantee – if you aren’t happy with the results, I’ll gladly give you your money back, less any charges I had to pay to handle your payment.
- Bias – advertising doesn’t get any consideration for articles being written.
- Disclosure – if I write about you or your products, then I will disclose your sponsorship
Audience and Reach
From the analytics it seems that about fifty to sixty percent of readers are from search engines, then about twenty percent linked in from other blogs and about thirty percent who are regular readers.
- Ethereal Mind readers are data networking engineers with a high proportion of senior engineers and architects. Referrals from search reflect the mostly technical nature of the content.
- Relevance – I will only select advertisers who are relevant to this audience.
- Numbers – You should contact or email greg.ferro — at — packetpushers – net for up to date numbers for uniques and visitor counts but the page views at Dec 2010 are more than 140K per month /80K uniques.